Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA)
Bachelor of Science in Accounting Technology (BSAcT)
Our curriculum is designed to provide students with the technical accounting knowledge and skills, and with the integration of professional values and work ethics that are essential to meet the rapidly changing demands and challenges of the accounting profession.
Accounting continues to be a field with one of the highest demands for graduates. To meet this demand, the program has the following objectives:
- Provide students with the knowledge and tools needed to obtain meaningful employment and have successful careers.
- Employ critical-thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to resolve complex business and accounting issues.
- Provide students the educational requirements of various professional accounting certification examinations
- Identify the appropriate managerial and business issues critical in analyzing accounting data and other information used for identifying and assessing opportunities and risks, developing organizational plans, allocating resources, and accomplishing objectives.
- Apply relevant accounting principles and standards to specific business activities and workplace situations.
- Employ national, international, and historical perspectives to analyze accounting and business issues.
- Identify ethical issues associated with accounting and business situations and apply appropriate principles of ethics and civic responsibility.
- Use analytical and research tools to monitor evolving accounting standards and practices and to maintain professional skills in a changing business environment.
- Apply the interpersonal and leadership skills expected of today's accounting professional.