WHAT IS ESC?
A program of financial assistance that provides ESC grants to qualified Junior High School (JHS) – Grades 7 to 10 learners in participating JHSs. NCBA is one of the participating schools of the ESC program.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO BE AN ESC GRANTEE?
- Filipino citizen
- Elementary graduate from DepEd public school or private school with DepEd permit/recognition
- Incoming Grade 7 student (ALS A&E passer of elementary level)
- PEPT passer of Grade 6 level
- Has not been a recipient of the ESC in the previous school
WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF THE ESC GRANT?
- Four years of Junior High school starting grade 7
- No required maintaining grade, just need to be promoted to the next level.
- The grant is terminated if a grantee does any of the following:
- Fails to be promoted to the next level
- Drops out in the middle of the school year
- Does not reenroll the following school year
- Transfers to a non-ESC-participating JHS
- Suspended for more than two (2) weeks, dismissed or expelled by the ESC-participating JHS for disciplinary reasons.
- Transfers to another ESC-participating JHS are allowed
- In cases when the applicable subsidy amount of the releasing school is different from that of the accepting school, the accepting school will be paid the lower of the two applicable subsidy amounts.
- Grantees that drop out due to death of a parent or guardian, force majeure, prolonged illness, or accident may be reinstated in the ESC program, provided they submit relevant documents to the PEAC NS.
WHAT IS A SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL VOUCHER PROGRAM?
A program of financial assistance that provides subsidy to qualified Senior High School (SHS) – Grades 11 to 12 learners in participating private or non-DepEd public SHSs. NCBA is one of the participating schools of the voucher program.
WHO ARE QUALIFIED VOUCHER RECIPIENTS?
- AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFIED LEARNERS/STUDENTS:
- Category A: All Grade 10 completers in Public JHSs
- Category B: All Grade 10 completers in SUCs and LUCs
- Category C: All Grade 10 completers in private schools who are ESC grantees
A-B-C completers do not have to apply for vouchers.
- VOUCHER APPLICANTS (VAs)
- Category D: All Grade 10 completers in private schools who are not ESC grantees
- Category E: Learners who passed the Alternative Learning System (ALS) Accreditation & Equivalency (A&E) test for Grade 10 by the start of the school year.
- Category F: Learners who passed the Philippine Education Placement Test (PEPT) for Grade 11 by the start of the school year.
D-E-F are required to apply for vouchers.
VOUCHER APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR CATEGORY D-E-F
Two ways: Manual and Online (free of charge)
All applications shall be coursed through PEAC NS via Online Voucher Application Portal (OVAP).
For online application, pls. go to https://ovap.peac.org.ph/